8.19.2014

BRAND FOCUS: COS STORE


Have you ever had a situation where you grew to like something that you thought you would never like before? Well, if you did then you would probably understand what I mean. These days I find myself liking certain things that I would never have looked at and it is honestly freaking me out. I do not know if this is like the first signs of maturing "cough" ageing "cough" or it's just I have learnt to appreciate certain styles or things in life. Either way, I would like to believe that it is a positive thing. So for the last year or so, I find myself browsing through certain shops website. To be specific, COS. Now, the me of a year and a half ago would not even think about looking up this specific brand nor even visiting the shop. However, the "new" me is quite obsessed with this brand. I pretty much like everything  from the name to the shop racks. I know, it is quite unbelievable that someone would like a shop rack.  So I thought I will talk a bit about my favourite shop here. Who knows, maybe I will get whoever reads this post to like it. If you are up for it, continue reading.

BRAND: COS

COS which stands for Collection of Style is a Swedish brand registered under H&M. It has three shops in Belgium: one in Brussels at Avenue Louise and two in Antwerp.

The collection is very sober and modern with an emphasis on comfortability and simplicity. The predominate colours  are dark blue, white and black. Each collection includes several items in bright colours mainly baby blue, orange and green.

The shop demographers could be divided in three age groups  a) early 20's-early 30's; b) mid 30's-mid 40's and c) late 40's-late 50's. In terms of price point, I think it is similar to stores such as Zara and Esprit.


The concept of the store is very minimalistic and contemporary. The space is open and inviting, which I believe is plus in shops, thought I must say that it is very tight and there are not enough changing rooms nor seats available. The store occupies two floors. Women's section occupies the whole first floor and part of second floor and men's section is on the second floor. The clothes are displayed in a rack system.

The staff are very helpful and polite. Their appearances are effortless and unpolished, which  is pretty cool yet quite disturbing, at least for me. Disturbing in a sense that some will have this clean cut look and others will look like they just came out of the bed feel to them.

Now, having introduced the shop, there is a confession that I need to make. First, can I say that I live for COS sales? Not literally but when the sales starts, believe me everyone's first stop should be COS. Mind you, I have no affiliation with the brand nor I was paid to write this review. It is just I love the store and I wanted to share my thoughts. The 30-50% reductions do make a great deal of difference in terms of pricing. The online sales start a month in advance, like now and the actual sales in stores will start in July. For me it actually works pretty well. For example, if a shirt in my size is sold out online then I can go to the store to check if they have it in the shop and if they do, then I make a mental note to pass by the shop when the actual sales starts in the shop. This way, I can still score my shirt.

Secondly, I love and love their website. It is simply and straightforward. No fancy buttons, no rainbow colours and no more ridiculously long list of social media buttons and copyright claims. That is me, simple. The only tiny tiny thing that I would have personally liked to see changed would be the top bar with menu  such as "Shop-Fashion etc". It is because, when you scroll down through the page, the page moves up and down but the frozen menu bar stays and it kind of cuts through the page and makes it confusing. Again, it is just my observations and my preference. Who knows there are others who actually like it.

Having said that, please note that everyone is unique in their choices, interests and opinions. It just happens to be me who likes COS among many other people out there. If you fancy an online shopping, you can visit them at www.cosstores.com

Photos by yours truly.

Disclaimer: we are not affiliated with brand nor have we been asked to write a post about the brand. We simply love this store and wanted to share with you all since this blog is all about our preferred places and experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment